Sunday, June 29, 2008

Week 2: 2c "My Dog Lexie"

1. Contains a title using the format listed above .25 points
-See Title.

2. Contains the sources you used with links to these sources .25 points
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beagle

3. Contains a brief paragraph how it connects to your study of humanities 1 point
-I choose my dog Lexie. She is a beagle. I choose her because dogs have been man's best friend for thousands of years. Our society values pets and treats them like family members. I think this is a great example of our society's values.

4. Contains the following "analytical elements":

a. Observation: What did you choose? What do you see or hear or feel or think of in the choice you made? What is the subject of the work? If you chose a 'thing' what is the work made of and what techniques (colors, lines, shapes, textures)does the creator use? Be specific in your description. If you chose a place, be specific in your description of what you see or hear. Talk to your reader as though they cannot see the item but somehow must draw a painting of what you see or hear. 1 point
- I choose my dog Lexie (Pronounced Yexy). She is a beagle. She is eleven months old. Her hair is black on her back, she has brown on her face, and white on her stomach and legs.

b. Interpretation: What is your choice about? Give specific examples to support this statement in 2 sentences; do so in a way that teaches us something about your choice. Make Paulo Freire proud! .75 point
-My choice is about pets and thier role in society. It represents the inclusion of the animal kingdom in humanity. We have laws that protect animals. This shows that we value them greatly.


c. Judgment: What led you to your choice? What do you think or feel about this choice? Why do you feel this way? Support your thoughts with specific observations. .5 point
-I choose Lexie because I really enjoy her presence. She represents what is good in my life. Whenever I feel like something isn't going well in my life, she reminds me of happiness and good times. She's always so happy, and she inspires me to act in the same way. Lexie is my pet. She is part of my family and my life. I wouln't trade her for anything.

d. Questioning: What else would you like to know about this choice? When completing the question section, lead your audience into the question by stating a fact you do know, yet you still have the related question. This way, both your audience and you will have an educational experience. Example: I learned that John Steinbeck's Grapes of Wrath was based on his personal experience working with farm workers. I would like to know if the characters he used in that book are fictitious or are they people he met? .5 point
-Lexie knows how to sit and shake hands. I wonder what goes on in her brain and how she interperets what she is doing.

5. Using your classmates work from last week, tell us one thing you learned from 1 student. Is this one thing some common experience you share or some experience that is completely different than what you experienced? Is this one thing related to our class theoretical foundation and if so, how? Is that one thing related to historical or cultural context of this country or a different one? Link that persons blog to this entry (eg cut paste that blog entry here) . .5 point
- I learned from Ryan Dunham that he is completing this class to fulfill general education requirements. He currently lives 32 minutes from campus!!
http://granizo599.blogspot.com/2008/06/1.html

No comments: