Sunday, June 29, 2008

Week 2: 2b "Mueseum: Lawrence Hall of Science"

1. Contains a title using the format listed above .25 points
-See Title.

2. Contains the sources you used with links to these sources .25 points
-http://www.lhs.berkeley.edu/

3. Contains a brief paragraph how it connects to your study of humanities 1 point
-The Lawrence Hall of Science connects to my study of humanities because it is a collection of inventions from the past and present. It shows the technology of the past, which helps us understand life back then and how technology affects life.

4. Contains the following "analytical elements":

a. Observation: What did you choose? What do you see or hear or feel or think of in the choice you made? What is the subject of the work? If you chose a 'thing' what is the work made of and what techniques (colors, lines, shapes, textures)does the creator use? Be specific in your description. If you chose a place, be specific in your description of what you see or hear. Talk to your reader as though they cannot see the item but somehow must draw a painting of what you see or hear. 1 point
- I walk in the mueseum and see science and its history. I watch electricity arc in a glass ball. I hear the many people talking amoungst themselves. They seem happy and interested. I smell the cleaning chemicals that keep the mueseum clean. The cool air conditioning chills my body. I am excited because thsi isn't something I get to see everyday. I enjoy taking the trip back in time. I play with the old telephones of the early 1900's. I read plaques that tell stories of inventors. My legs ache from all the walking. I enjoy the experience.

b. Interpretation: What is your choice about? Give specific examples to support this statement in 2 sentences; do so in a way that teaches us something about your choice. Make Paulo Freire proud! .75 point
-My choice is about commemorating the history of science. It aims to spark innovative juices in young and old scientists' minds.

c. Judgment: What led you to your choice? What do you think or feel about this choice? Why do you feel this way? Support your thoughts with specific observations. .5 point
-I feel this choice is good for society. It sparks interest in science. It also causes you to appreciate science more. I think these two results are important because they fuel future innovation which is beneficial to society.

d. Questioning: What else would you like to know about this choice? When completing the question section, lead your audience into the question by stating a fact you do know, yet you still have the related question. This way, both your audience and you will have an educational experience. Example: I learned that John Steinbeck's Grapes of Wrath was based on his personal experience working with farm workers. I would like to know if the characters he used in that book are fictitious or are they people he met? .5 point
- The Lawrence Hall of Science was established in 1968. I would like to know who funds it.

5. Using your classmates work from last week, tell us one thing you learned from 1 student. Is this one thing some common experience you share or some experience that is completely different than what you experienced? Is this one thing related to our class theoretical foundation and if so, how? Is that one thing related to historical or cultural context of this country or a different one? Link that persons blog to this entry (eg cut paste that blog entry here) . .5 point
-I learned from Sophear Prom that Paulo Freire's most famous work was Pedagogy of the Oppressed. This is related to our class because it involved me learning something from someone else. This is an interaction of culture.

http://sopeeaaa.blogspot.com/2008/06/week-1-project-1b.html

No comments: